The Architectural Conservation Laboratory (ArC Lab) seeks applications from driven prospective doctoral students and experienced researchers/ postdoctoral research fellows to lead and be a part of projects focusing on the application of technology in architectural conservation.
Working at the ArC Lab presents an opportunity to be involved in cross-disciplinary projects related to digital conservation technology, material science, and building aesthetics. Through an exploration of new prospects, academic and professional collaborations, and a strong interest in varied aspects of cultural heritage, the ArC Lab provides a motivating and conducive environment to promote research and innovative developments in the field of architectural conservation.
For interested candidates, please email Dr Nikhil Joshi at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed CV and an outline of the research proposal.
Research Associate (Architectural Conservation)
Job and project description
We are looking for a creative, interdisciplinary Research Associate to be a part of our core team to lead program development and initiate and manage conservation research projects. The candidate must exhibit an interest in built heritage management and related technologies.
Scope and responsibilities
• Manage and implement conservation of DOA’s conservation centers in Malaysia and Singapore with the responsibility of project management and ensure that contracts achieve the project deliverables
• Attend meetings and liaise with consultants, sub-contractors, and any other parties involved in the project
• Inspect off-site and on-site installation
• Work independently and within a team to ensure proper operation and management of projects
• Participate in and manage another research project with the project director and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met
• Design and optimization program development for graduate programs in architectural conservation
• Modules teaching support by managing classes of approximately 25 students, providing feedback and assessment during class hours and consultations
• Admin support for the graduate programs in architectural conservation
What we are looking for
Candidates with Master’s Degree in Architecture or a related field of study
• Minimum 2+ years of research and project management experience
• Strong leadership, organisation, and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Exceptional level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Well-versed in Revit, Adobe, MS Office applications and 3D software.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
• Experience in managing and leading project teams to a successful outcome
Please apply by email (please write “Application for the research assistant Associate” in the subject), including the CV and portfolio at email@example.com
For more information feel free to contact Dr Nikhil Joshi.